A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true.~ DEMOSTHENES, THIRD OLYNTHIAC (349 BC)
Just had a long and very good conversation by phone with President Xi of China. He is strong, sharp and powerfully focused on leading the counterattack on the Coronavirus. He feels they are doing very well, even building hospitals in a matter of only days. Nothing is easy, but… — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) February 7, 2020
….he will be successful, especially as the weather starts to warm & the virus hopefully becomes weaker, and then gone. Great discipline is taking place in China, as President Xi strongly leads what will be a very successful operation. We are working closely with China to help! — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) February 7, 2020
I have tried to avoid any reference to the Grande Orangutan, however this mornings Twaats had to be posted as final truth that there really is an emergency. Cause the Orange Don said there isn’t.
I’m now firmly in the camp of, we need to get ready for the worst. So what do I think I know?:
- In China it is very bad, worse than we are being told. How bad, not sure yet. Indicators are horrific. Just recently Chinese acknowleged 4.9% death rate in Wuhan. In addition, full in-house lock down to more than 400 million people. By any definition, this is not “doing well”.
- We do not understand what kind of virus we are facing. How contagious, fatality rate, origin, Nada. It will filter out over time. Currently published rates on contagion and fatality rates are very, very low. A good indicator might be the status of the 2 quarantined cruise ships off Japan. We should soon see realistic rates on transmission and fatality. It looks like this will be a laboratory that floats. My sympathies to those on board. Better Japan than most other places.
- Chinese GovT will begin to scramble to save their own economy. Which will be impossible to do with 2/3 of all factories in shutdown. If the pandemic doesn’t hit us as hard as Asia, we will still have huge problems with “shopping” as we know it.
- We need to prepare for extreme social disarray. We do not know what this looks like. Best guess is panicked folks, shortage of goods and food as supply chains collapse, major drop in stock market, massive collapse of the world economies. If you have no income (taxes) you can’t pay bills, can’t pay bills can’t get stuff, and so on. This for both Govt’s and plain old folks.
- Our own Governments (Federal, Provincial,/State, Municipal/County) are scrambling to deal with this and will in most cases be late to the party. They can not be relied on as a final stop gap. In my mind at this they have dropped the ball egregiously.
In the short term I expect:
- We will be in a Denial fight. Raging discussion back and forth on how bad it is, what to do, who to blame. Get over it. 2019 nCoV is now a thing. Get ready.
- We will begin to be inundated with all sorts of vile, useless shite from every conceivable media option.
- Politics will rear its ugly head; blaming, quarantine, major distrust.
- Fear will begin to rumble. This will manifest in all sorts of ugliness.
- Financial klaxons will begin to be heard. The stock market is going to reset down. More importantly all governments will have their hands full keeping their propped up economic system, propped up.
A sane response would be:
- Continue your preparation. Secure financial assets (get out of the stock market). Have cash available.
- The best way to stay out of this horror is to not be in the middle of it. Prepare and plan ahead.
- Prepare to self quarantine as need be, when required. Watch for the pandemic to be within 150 km of you. Have a plan for when it does.
- We need to prepare for something that could last 12-18 months or longer. This being a far cry from two weeks. Get your seed packages in place.
- We need to still have a life as you define it, as best you can, whilst all this rages around us. If we end up living the life shown in pictures coming out of Asia, we are about to be tested as no generation has since WW2.
I’ll leave the almost last word to Raúl Ilargi Meijer of Automatic Earth fame. Lots of interesting factoids in this article.
“As I said earlier today, I picked up a whole slew of articles on the “coronavirus” through the day yesterday, collected some more today, and then decided not to put them in my daily Debt Rattle news aggregator today because it would have been too much.
I wasn’t trying to focus on number of deaths or cases, interest in that is overblown by now. What I look for is news about the consequences of the “coronavirus” epidemic. See, most people look at the numbers, think that they are lower than they could be, and lower than in armageddon predictions, so we’ll all be alright……..”
to read the rest click here
Wrap it up….please
- To act, you must believe
- To believe you must understand, you must feel your truth.
- To understand and feel, you must seek knowledge.
I have laid out my 2019 nCoV info seeking journey on this blog. From Jan 27 to Feb 6, I catalogued enough items to convince me that a whirlwind of pain is coming. I do not need more proof, others will. (but I will remain alert to options).
I’ll resist the urge to post more nCoV doom porn. But will stay current so as to see it unravel.
From here on, its about how to get through this Giant Thundering Turd Ball.