“I try to be cynical but it is hard to keep up.”
~ Lily Tomlin.
I’m with Lily, what a week of bullshit.
An act of war, reaction, tragedy. Or to be clear; assassinate a UN nation military leader (without declaring war), crickets from the worlds other leaders, a plane gets shot down filled with innocents. All outside of established political, military and social norms.
My only comment, “What the hell was that plane doing flying in the middle of a war zone”??? I’m amazed only one came down and it was contained to some hand wringing and tears. Every one left with some functioning brain synapses left knows that behind the scenes there was lots of arm twisting (extortion, threats, blackmail, etc) by the US to nudge other countries to support them, support the untruths and generally distort the goings on. Make no mistake this is yet another tragedy that was initiated by the US under the guise of that blanket that forgives all action, “Terrorism”. And in all likely hood this was simply a trick of the Master Conman in Chief to deflect (impeachment issues, Deutsche Bank revelations that he’s been funded all along by the Russians, some other women coming forward, more news of his overall unworthiness, pressure form his backers, pressure by Netanyahuu, etc, etc). Because no one seems to care that the US has been screwing with the country of Iran since the 1940’s. And seems intent on doing so until they either wipe them off the face of the earth or more importantly take their oil and remove them as a thorn in their Empire building routine. (must control the Middle East, must control the Middle East)
sane, caring, transparent absolutely fake-reality world, one in which every country in the world is not held hostage to US wants, there should have been a massive counter scream. Mostly crickets.
Let’s use out Great Leader up here in Oh Canada as an example as he leads the charge in moral subterfuge and sleight of hand. Assassination takes place – crickets, week goes by – crickets, plane gets shot down – self righteous indignation. Our very own Pretty Boy himself, Justin Fancy Socks is “outraged and furious”. And used his time to proclaim his leadership chops, by appearing caring. And Fuck You! CBC for spinning it this way. Particularly galling is sticking a microphone in a persons face who has just lost loved ones. And then only playing them sobbing. WTF!? How about some background details. I get it. Afraid of getting funding cut, they cater to the party in power at the same time keeping an eye on the Conservatives and trying not to piss them off, cause funding cuts.
The salient details, again;
- The US in an act of war assassinates a military leader of a UN country (Iran),
- On another UN countries soil (Iraq),
- Also killing that Iran’s military leaders
- US threatens to irradicate Iran
- World sits and twiddles thumbs.
- Iran sends out a necessary defensive response (bombs US base, purposely killing no one),
- Anticipating whatever response, activates full military alert.
- Plane gets shot down accidentally, cause shit happens in war.
Every country is complacent, we all kept quiet and have let the US Military Industrial complex dictate how things will be. Threats of destroying your countries economy have a way of getting countries to toe the line. Its in their best interest. Cause who knows what the US will throw at them?
Where is Canada in all this? Canada closed their embassy in Iran (thank you Fucking Stephen Harper) years ago. Declared against Palestine. All part of his sucking up to the US (and Israel). This being the same leader prick (on the comeback trail don’t you know?) who expanded our operations in Afghanistan to full on front line assault troops. Aren’t we peace keepers?? Then cuts back support of the returning troops to save money? (Conservative fiscal policy, Whatever that is nowadays). We support the US in the background with our moral stance (Canada the Good). Cause if Canada’s behind it, how could any country question the US? Its Canada, such nice folks! Take a look at our recent support for a coup in Venezuela, leading the charge our very own Chrystia Freeland (she of the pixie smile, pearl necklace, nice words and Lima Group leadership) drumming up international support for the removal of Maduro. WTF?!?! Why would we stick our noses in that mess other than US arm twisting (oh yeah, NAFTA2 negotiations, threat of our auto industry being closed down…..must appease the giant gorilla to our south). To be the supplicant we shall remain, we’ll front the changes necessary to assist Venezuela’s democratic transformation. Horseshit!!! We are too scared to say jack shit.
We need to wake up to the fact that this social/military chaos is being pushed by the decline in oil reserves (too many people+resource depletion=social chaos (war). Great powers are all jockeying for position to control all the known reserves left. Our economies, way of life and indeed modern civilization is threatened. This is not going to change, ever. Wait until there is a real shortage in oil (Note to self. Its coming. Bigly)
Oil is the number one issue (Gigantic Turd-ball) in front of us today. I will spend next week compiling a review of oil, its critical importance and why we can only look forward to weeks, months and years of much worse that this start to the roaring 20’s. Hang on. If you thought climate change was bad news….. You ostriches out there… take a pose. Oh yeah, you’re not reading this anyway. Back to your Recipes, Renovation and Resorts.
- 6 Things Media Won’t Tell You About Assassination of Iranian General. YouTube video (14.29 mins) by Lee Camp. Couldn’t have said it better myself. If you only have a little time, watch this!
- Some ideas to ruminate on. Iran is not what you think by Ted Rall
- Iranians Have Learned to Fear U.S. Wrath — and Canada’s Complicity. by Nazanin Moghadami.
- At War with the Truth. by Craig Whitlock. More lies from the Pentagon Papers. Could make a person a cynic.
Climate Crisis (ecocide)
- Whats So Wrong With Bottled Water Anyway? by Eve Andrews
- Our Children await a Radioactive Legacy. by Paul Brown. In which we are leaving our children a radioactive legacy.
- Oil Shocks. Airplanes are Energy Gluttons. by EnergySkeptic.com
Financial (roller coaster)
- Reaching That Wile E. Coyote Moment. by The Consciousness of Sleep
- Geopolitical Shocks and Financial Markets. by Economic Prism
- Poverty in the USA. Video by DW Documentary (46:26 minutes). Its bad news if you are poor(ish). How can this possibly be happening in the worlds richest nation? Start with $738 Billion in military spending? But to save money, Cheeto Von Tweeto is going to cut off 700,000 people receiving food stamps. Does not bode well.
- Media controlled by corporations who have a vested interest in not telling the news…or the truth. If you can’t read the article watch the YouTube video (2:13 minutes)
- We have been lied to all my life. Everything I thought was real, not. Here’s a good example. The Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons been accused of doctoring a report on Syria. Video by @DanCohen3000 (6:56 minutes). So what else is a lie? Everything. Get over it. Red pill shite.
- So the US is invading Iraq Again. by Caitlin Johnstone
Wrap it up….please
War is a symptom of the Giant Turd-balls rolling our way. It’s the elite 1%’s response to maintain their position and scoop more dollars. It’s too many people, reduced resources, and corporatization. 50% of the US GDP is basically weapons sales.
And while we watch in true shock and awe at the absolute steamy pile-o, we ignore the profound issues (Giant Turd-balls). Number one is our inability to address declining oil reserves and all it entails.
Lets hope Justin Fancy Socks can keep his shit shoveling to a minimum. And again, up yours CBC! You are a profound disappointment.